Wednesday 25 January 2012

Compagnie aérienne: Chanel. Pilote: Karl Lagerfeld.




Yes I would definitely book a flight with this airline.
Even though I'm not really impressed by this time's scenery - I'm actually a bit disappointed after the superb Chanel banquet pre-fall 2012 show - I liked it. I mean, I have no alternative but to like it. It's Karl's mise-en-scène and as an immense Karl fan, there's nothing else to do, but to appreciate it. (BTW, tomorrow/later today his KARL by Karl Lagerfeld collection will be launched! :)) But back on topic, what's really bugging me is the fact that I was actually more looking forward to seeing the staging than to the acutal collection. Bad bad girl. I know. But at least I'm honest and I'm pretty sure that there are many people having the same "problem", e.g. my mum! This isn't meant to blame the couture house or the designers, but isn't Chanel always kinda the same? Okay, you might say now tweed is their tradition and trademark and I do love it; timeless and classy, but I don't see it as inspiring, exciting nor challenging anymore. Whatsoever, this was just a sincere thought that came up while I was studying the outfits and I hope I'm not offending anyone, quite the reverse I hope you see what I mean.
Nevertheless, a stunning collection. My personal favourite: the black and white deux pièces - very traditional. Yes, I know,.. the thing that I was questioning just a minute ago. Contradiction is my middle name.
TTFN, nikki.






2 comments:

  1. If you want innovation, come to berlin dragstripgirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe I'll come to the mainland in may. visiting berlin/you is long overdue.

      Delete